HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Paladin.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Emmiie

PostSubject: The Paladin.   Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:09 am

It was like any other normal day in Antica. The sun was shinning, the birds were singing, and there were dead bodies everywhere. I was in my home town, which was in Carlin. There were a few people fighting out side, but I normally tired to keep my nose clean. Today, Samurai Fool and a few others from our guild Majestic Circle, and alliance Messiahs of Bedlam, were battling outside with some local trouble makers... That died before I could catch there names. Samurai told me to say in doors until it was safe, even though I wasn't married to him, he protected me like I was his wife.

When the cost was clear, I scurried to the local shop, scrapping together what change I could manage. So I could buy food and potions. I kept my guard up as always, because you never know what is lurking around the corner, but with the guild hall close by and guild members in town- I felt safer.

An old friend who goes by the name of Foogle Binder, was hunting at amazon camp, which was near a town called Venore. It wasn't the safest town, so I took the boat there, and was always scouting the areas. I only planed to drop by and visit him, since I had not seen him in ages. I felt this strange need to protect Foogle. He wasn't as skilled as I was, but was determination to become strong, and fight evil. So, I always tried to keep a close eye on him, because normally when there was trouble, it seemed to find him. Foogle hadn't been in trouble for awhile, so after I blocked for him, I made my way back to town. There wasn't a person where he was hunting, so the odds of him getting killed were low.

Along my way back to town, a dark figure emerged. He didn't look like your every day villain, though he was dressed in all black. I watched him fearfully, ready to run if he were to attack, but he didn't. He told me he went by the name of Elmado, it was clear as day that he was better skilled then I was, because he was older. We spoke for several minutes, as I continued walking back to town. I could hear his foot steps trailing close behind me. Too close, almost like he was my shadow.

Suddenly, a girl appeared. Jumping out and attacking me, my animal instincts kicked in and I ran back... Preparing myself to fight, it was obvious that she was lower in skill, but running back to town and leading them away from amo camp and my friend Foogle was the first thing on my too do list. As this girl came here thirsty for action, or maybe hungry for money... Either way, they were heading in the direction of my friend, and were close. However, while I ran back towards Venore, much to my surprise Elmado blocked me in. I had the small girl who Elmado referred too as Elite Dina on one side of me, and Elmado on the other. I had to think fast, so I attacked. With all my might, throwing myself at the small girl. Elmado was a male, and much larger in weight and size then me. I knew if he was to attack me- that I would die, but I had little time to think logically.

Elite Dina was almost dead, and I was in rage, when Elmado saved her. Blocking me from her. I would have to kill him first, to kill her, and I knew that wasn't possible. So I stopped. The small girl apologised, and I waited for anyone to break eye contact even for a minute, so I could finish the job. Because something didn't smell right.

Before I had time to escape, or kill her. More and more people appeared... My heart started thudding into my rib cage, as adrenaline pumped through me. It was an ambush, this was all a set up, and I was the unlucky person who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. At this point I had no choice but to back up, or charge them. So I backed up, and before I knew it I was cornered and they were all blocking me in. I tried to push my way through, but it was pointless. I was out numbered and out classed. So, I sent out a distress call to the guild. I knew they would have my back, I knew they would come, but would it be too late?

I was holding onto life by a string. All there faces glaring at me, asking for money. I was only a small paladin. I didn't have a home, nor much gold. So I told them they would have to pry it from my cold dead hands! And in a moment of pure passion, I made my move. Attacking the less skilled girls, standing behind the broody, strong males that blocked me in. I knew that even if I had of killed one, I would still need to take out one of the males to free myself. I also knew that I wasn't strong enough to kill them, but if I could take out- at least one with me. I would have made Antica a better place. If I were going to die today, I would put up a hell of a fight. I would die a hero! After all, this is what I had been trained for.

I had to stay alive, for as long as possible. Back up would be here shortly, and if I were to just give up and die, surely they would find there way to Foogle. My whole body was shaking, it wanted to give way, but I wouldn't allow it. At this point there was so much blood, that I could barley see. Blood oozed from me, making a puddle on the ground under me. I felt sorry for the person who would have to clean this mess up, and the guild mate that would find me.

Stalling was now my only option, stalling for as long as possible, while shooting my spears into the girls behind the males- aiming for their chest. It was hard to aim whilst being attacked, but I refused to give up. My inner voice was pep talking me, telling me not to panic, but uncontrollably I started to black out.

Pictures of my time in rook, when I was training came to mind. They all told me I was too weak to fight. That not many females made it out there, and the ones that did had many protectors. I knew I was going out alone, but I had to fight. I wanted to join the war, rid this world of evil. I wanted to take vengeance on my parents deaths. At the time, I was naive. They tried to change my mind, telling me I would make a better cook, or cleaner. That I should stay in these protected walls of Rookguard and get a job, earn some gold, and enjoy my long life. I refused to listen, trained up, and when I was old enough... Found my way to the oracle. “What vocation would you like to be my dear?” He asked, I knew what ever I picked, that I could not turn back, for he would give me power in that expertise.

I considered for a long moment, I wanted to be a mage, but knew I didn't hold that kind of power. Perhaps a knight? For I did train mostly with a sword. However, before I could answer. The oracle handed me a spear. “You are a Paladin.” He told me. I felt myself ascend, and then set foot towards Mainland. A lot of people were power hungry, and power abused... But I chose to use my powers for good, instead of evil.

At this point in time, I was coming in and out of consciousness. Seeing there ravenous faces, then fading to black. When suddenly, I heard a familiar voice. “Were almost there! Just hold on!” He told me. It was Samurai, he was much older in years then me, and a lot stronger in skills. Samurai was my knight in shinning armour. I knew I was too young, and had been married to Kosem, my faithful mage. But I couldn't help but admire Samurai's bravery. So I held on, begging my killers to stop, and warning them that my back up had almost arrived. They didn't listen, they just kept hiting me, and hitting me. They didn't care that I was a small girl, they didn't care that I was begging, and they surely didn't care that I was going to die.

I couldn't help but wonder what they would achieve in my death, besides a few gold pieces and blood all over there hands. I knew that I only had about two or three hits left in my frail body, before It would give way. But I hoped they would make it in time, I had to have faith. That's when I noticed a few guild members named Sir Firus, and Mou See, were with Samurai. The killers sprawled with there tails between there legs, while everyone pursued them. I thought about back in the day, when I was truly a Lady, I believed that everyone had a good heart. I trusted in people. In those days I would have preferred to reason with them, try to get them as allies... But that was before my first kill, before I felt the blood lust. Now, in this day and age, I thought bad guys must pay, killers must die. That was my bible, that is what I had grown to believe in. I had killed at least five people in my time, which made me not so innocent. In this world, it was kill or be killed.

So, I fought to pull myself up from the puddle of my blood I lay in, and soldiered on. I followed Sir Firus, who was the only one in sight. He was chasing one of the small, low skilled girls who were torturing me. Not Elite Dina, this one was stronger, and went by the name Amrial Andim of Now, all I could see was red. I chased her down, and without hesitation, I drove my spear through her heart. Her eyes looked shocked, until all life faded from them.

Sir Firus asked for details, and I reported the incident. I knew that some part of me should feel sorry that I had killed that girl, but no part of me felt any remorse. I held her death as my trophy. I wanted to be the same Lady I used to be, but in this cruel world, there was no room for kindness. And secretly I enjoyed killing her, and put in the same situation, I would again.. It thrilled me. It was what I was here for, it was what I was made for.

Thanks to these heroes, I am still alive. For now. This world will never be safe, as long as bad people still ran around freely in it. However, with myself, and the guild I am apart of. We are strong, and ready to fight whoever was stupid enough to mess with us. But the war continues, so who's to say what tomorrow might bring...

~ To be continued.

---------------------

Thanks everyone for reading this, it is just a small story I wrote because I love to write. It is based on the attack I posted in applications to blackbook MC. Also, sorry for the spelling mistakes in this post, and my last. ~ Hunting with a man. I'm just really tired. Lol.

Kind reguards,
Lady Emmiie. confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broken Sight

PostSubject: ...   Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:17 pm

nice story keep it up and ill read thoes to i liked it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Giagowen
Black Veil/Consul
Black Veil/Consul

PostSubject: Re: The Paladin.   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Well written, i enjoyed it a lot. Thanks Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sherfus
Dark Veil/Seraph
Dark Veil/Seraph

PostSubject: Re: The Paladin.   Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Im agree with Giagowen, well writen!!

Well I think we can organize for a contest of MAKE YOUR BEST STORY!!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady Emmiie

PostSubject: Re: The Paladin.   Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Thanks everyone, and sorry again about the mistakes. Once i get some sleep- ill probably come on and edit it. =)

And the story contest is a good idea, we could get the guild to vote. ^.^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paladin.   

Back to top Go down

The Paladin.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MoB Public Forums :: Role Play-
Jump to: